Digital Signage system architects and installers use Robustel’s 3G and 4G routers to provide media players (including Android, Windows and Linux) with internet access. Keeping media players connected to the internet allows them to check the Content Management Server for updates. This means advertisers can keep the products /services displayed relevant to their audience.
The internet connection can also enable applications such as Teamviewer or Intel’s VPro technology to allow remote maintenance of digital signage sites. Meanwhile the DO (Digital Output) on Robustel’s 3G and 4G routers can be used to trigger a hard reset of the attached media player. This means fewer site visits, keeping your maintenance costs down.
One of the major issues with digital signage applications is expensive data over-use. This is usually as a result of excessive client-to-server communications. Robustel cellular routers solve this problem by using the in-built packet sniffer. This will help you get a clearer picture of how and when digital signage systems are consuming 3G/4G mobile data.
What are the benefits of partnering with Robustel to deploy Digital Signage Solutions?
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Cost Effective: Our highly-reliable and cost-effective solutions provide an alternative to cheap USB Dongles. (Which are not ideal for “unattended” applications).
- RobustVPN: Our unique networking solution allows you to remotely connect to a media player, billboard or LED Sign using any SIM, anywhere in the world, without the need for a static IP address.
- Data Limiting App: Provides protection against unexpected data over-use and subsequent costs. Media and video updates can burn through data extremely quickly, so a safety net is essential.
- Built-in Firewall: Robustel routers come equipped with a natively available firewall, which prevents your media player from accessing unwanted internet sites. (Another issue which generates high 3G/4G data usage bills for some users).
- Failover mode: The router can be configured to use a standard internet connection (ADSL/fibre) as primary internet connection. If it loses that connection, it will then failover to 4G data.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying precision agriculture solution can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to locally poll a Modbus device from a 4G router and only send an alert across the cellular connection if a trigger condition is met, for example, an oil quality sensor shows that the oil in a system must be changed. Alerts can be sent in a variety of forms including SMS and email.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
R2000 Dual-SIM VPN IoT Gateway
- Dual SIM redundancy for continuous 2G/3G/4G cellular network connections
- The feature Link Manager supporting Cellular WAN, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection
- WAN – Static/PPPoE/DHCP Client
- WAN port supporting PD feature – compatible with 802.3at. (optional)
- Supports IPv6
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SMS/RCMS Cloud
- Auto reboot via SMS/Timing
- Robust industrial design (9 to 36V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
R1520 Dual-SIM Cellular VPN Router
- Rugged design with 9 to 36Vdc power
- “Global” 4G version available
- E-mark certification for in vehicle use
- Optically isolated digital IO
- 10-bit Analogue interface for direct sensor connections
- Supports Dual SIMs & Wifi/Ethernet as WAN
- Cellular keep-alive and fast failover
- Extensive range of software “apps” for enhanced functionality
- RobustVPN – hosted service providing a “fixed IP” router
- IPsec/OpenVPN/GRE/L2TP/PPTP/DMVPN supported
- Extensive global certifications
Do you want to speak to one of our IoT experts to find out how Robustel can help you build your solution?