The utilities industry is under constant pressure to balance increased productivity to serve a growing population and increased resource demands with profitability. Through distribution automation, the utility industry is able to improve real-time monitoring, control, and management of medium-voltage (MV) and low-voltage (LV) grid distribution, from the substation to meters.
Electricity distribution network operators are challenged with acquiring real time data from massive numbers of remote assets in disparate locations, powered by varying technologies. In order to support utility companies around the world Robustel and our local partners can provide Distribution Automation solutions, to enable remote connectivity to sub-station and power-line equipment, help manage distributed remote equipment from one or several centralized locations, all equipped with dual SIM or WLAN failover to maximize uptime while reducing cost significantly.
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Interface Support – Robustel routers have multiple serial and Ethernet interfaces as well as pulse counting digital inputs to provide a wide range of interfacing options.
- Native Applications – Built-in Modbus RTU Modbus TCP converter – Robustel routers provide a very cost-effective connection to RS232, RS485 and supports Modbus Gateway, Modbus Master, IEC 60870-5-101 to 104, Modbus to DNP3 and more. Additional Apps can be embedded in devices to assist with “protocol translation” at the network edge.
- ‘RobustVPN’ – A unique networking solution from Robustel. Allows deployers to make a remote connection to any connected Ethernet using any SIM anywhere on the planet without the need for a static IP address.
- Industrial Performance – Industrial operating temperature, over-voltage protection and robust housing make Robustel routers ideal for installation in harsh environments.
- Dual-SIM Routers – Robustel routers come equipped with Dual-SIM slots and allow seamless switching between multiple carriers in the event of a network outage or signal loss.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying precision agriculture solution can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to locally poll a Modbus device from a 4G router and only send an alert across the cellular connection if a trigger condition is met, for example, an oil quality sensor shows that the oil in a system must be changed. Alerts can be sent in a variety of forms including SMS and email.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
R3000 Industrial Dual-SIM LTE Router
- Support for WWAN1, WWAN2, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection via our Link Manager
- The option Backup Mode to support cold, warm and load balancing
- Supports IPv6
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SNMP/RCMS
- Robust industrial design (9 to 60V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
R1511 Industrial Cellular VPN Router
- Highly stable 2G/3G/4G cellular connections
- Ethernet, Wifi and 4G internet connection options with auto-failover
- Free cloud management platform –RCMS
- Fully programmable Linux environment with excellent SDK Documentation
- ‘Smart Reboot’ for enhanced roaming SIM management
- RobustVPN provides fixed IP address on ANY SIM card
- Full SMS control for diagnosis and recovery from data network problems
- Very small footprint for space-constrained applications
- Wall-mount and DIN-rail mounting options available
Do you want to speak to one of our IoT experts to find out how Robustel can help you build your solution?