IoT Solutions for Elevator Management (Smart Elevator)
Robustel’s Elevator IoT solution is designed to gradually increase the raw data collection from elevators and their operating environment to create actionable Preventive & Predictive tasks to reduce maintenance costs and minimize failure rates.
With more and more elevators being fitted across the world and incident levels rising, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for elevator manufacturers and maintenance companies to guarantee performance while maintaining a positive return on revenue. Companies are finding themselves with a shortage of technical expertise and high costs of labor for elevator operations; For manufacturers, there is also the need to create a real-time stream of operational data for further product improvement.
Robustel solves these problems by introducing the ‘Smart Elevator’ solution. Connecting elevators to Robustel’s state of the art wireless IoT Gateways to maximize the intelligence of elevator systems by collecting, analyzing and utilizing elevator data, to transform the current “Fault-reactive” service practice, to a better “Fault-avoidance” practice.
By integrating Robustel’s intelligent elevator gateway, with sensors and management platforms, Robustel’s smart elevator solution can enable state monitoring, remote management, data statistics, fault alarming, maintenance supervision, advertisement placement, emergency response and other features.
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Outbound Internet – Robustel’s 3G/4G routers can be configured to provide outbound internet access as well as inbound connections to specific elevator controllers and sensors.
- ‘RobustVPN’ – A unique networking solution from Robustel. Allows deployers to make a remote connection to any connected elevator system directly using any SIM anywhere on the planet without the need for a static IP address.
- VoLTE – As fixed line voice services are phased out across the world, Robustel’s devices can provide an outbound voice channel over cellular for emergency operation.
- Integrated Sensors – Robustel have worked with some of the world’s leading manufacturers of elevators to ensure native integration with critical sensing and alerting technology.
- Built in Firewall – Robustel routers come equipped with a natively available firewall that can help with integration into more complex networks and ensure the stability and resilience of your wireless environment.
- ‘Failover mode’ – Router can be configured to use a standard internet connection (ADSL/fibre) as primary internet connection & only use 4G data on primary connection loss to give elevators 24/7 uptime.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying precision agriculture solution can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to locally poll a Modbus device from a 4G router and only send an alert across the cellular connection if a trigger condition is met, for example, an oil quality sensor shows that the oil in a system must be changed. Alerts can be sent in a variety of forms including SMS and email.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
R3000 Industrial Dual-SIM LTE Router
- Support for WWAN1, WWAN2, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection via our Link Manager
- The option Backup Mode to support cold, warm and load balancing
- Supports IPv6
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SNMP/RCMS
- Robust industrial design (9 to 60V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
R1520 Dual-SIM Cellular VPN Router
- Rugged design with 9 to 36Vdc power
- “Global” 4G version available
- E-mark certification for in vehicle use
- Optically isolated digital IO
- 10-bit Analogue interface for direct sensor connections
- Supports Dual SIMs & Wifi/Ethernet as WAN
- Cellular keep-alive and fast failover
- Extensive range of software “apps” for enhanced functionality
- RobustVPN – hosted service providing a “fixed IP” router
- IPsec/OpenVPN/GRE/L2TP/PPTP/DMVPN supported
- Extensive global certifications
Do you want to speak to one of our IoT experts to find out how Robustel can help you build your solution?