Fixed Line Backup
Robustel’s cellular routers are designed to provide temporary 4G broadband connectivity, or to act as backup 4G WAN for existing sites, where additional network resilience is required.
Robustel routers can work independently to provide internet access through:
- An existing WiFi network
- An existing Ethernet network, or
- Over a cellular 3G/4G connection.
An extensive configuration capability means that any of the WAN types can act as the primary link. Secondary and tertiary links are invoked when loss of the first network is detected.
Robustel routers also feature protocols such as DMVPN, VRRP and PPPoE to allow them to work in harmony with other firewall/router devices, creating a fault-tolerant solution. Robustel’s 3G/4G routers can integrate with products from manufacturers such as Cisco, Juniper and Sonicwall.
Using PPPoE on a Robustel router can effectively turn it into an economical 4G modem. Plug it into the Ethernet WAN port of any network appliance that supports PPPoE, and you have an instant 4G failover solution. (Without significant change to network topology or configuration)!
Scenario A – Robustel router providing Ethernet / WiFi WAN + 4G access
Scenario B – Robustel 4G router interacting with existing wired infrastructure
What are the benefits of partnering with Robustel to deploy Fixed Line Redundancy Solutions?
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Competitive Pricing: Robustel offer the extremely cost-effective addition of 4G cellular connectivity to any WAN infrastructure.
- ‘Dual module’ routers: Allows 2 x 4G SIMs to be used concurrently. The router can switch to a backup 4G path in under 3 seconds – ideal for critical security applications.
- ‘Dual SIM’ routers: Dual SIM capability allows “dialling up” on a secondary cellular network if primary fails.
- Multi-Network SIM Support: Support for roaming/multi-network SIMs provides enhanced reliability of your backup 3G/4G link.
- Global Router Management: RCMS router management platform provides a simple overview of 4G router estate – API interface allows for easy integration into Network Management Platforms.
- Native VPN Protocols: Robustel’s devices have native applications to control a wide variety of VPN protocols to help secure data transmissions across the public internet – IPSEC, OpenVPN (TAP and TUN), L2TP and more.
- ‘RobustVPN’: A unique networking solution from Robustel. Allows deployers to make a remote connection to any ethernet or serial device directly using any SIM, anywhere, without the need for a static IP address.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying precision agriculture solution can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to locally poll a Modbus device from a 4G router and only send an alert across the cellular connection if a trigger condition is met, for example, an oil quality sensor shows that the oil in a system must be changed. Alerts can be sent in a variety of forms including SMS and email.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
R2000 Dual-SIM VPN IoT Gateway
- Dual SIM redundancy for continuous 2G/3G/4G cellular network connections
- The feature Link Manager supporting Cellular WAN, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection
- WAN – Static/PPPoE/DHCP Client
- WAN port supporting PD feature – compatible with 802.3at. (optional)
- Supports IPv6
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SMS/RCMS Cloud
- Auto reboot via SMS/Timing
- Robust industrial design (9 to 36V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
R1520 Dual-SIM Cellular VPN Router
- Rugged design with 9 to 36Vdc power
- “Global” 4G version available
- E-mark certification for in vehicle use
- Optically isolated digital IO
- 10-bit Analogue interface for direct sensor connections
- Supports Dual SIMs & Wifi/Ethernet as WAN
- Cellular keep-alive and fast failover
- Extensive range of software “apps” for enhanced functionality
- RobustVPN – hosted service providing a “fixed IP” router
- IPsec/OpenVPN/GRE/L2TP/PPTP/DMVPN supported
- Extensive global certifications
Do you want to speak to one of our IoT experts to find out how Robustel can help you build your solution?