Oil and Gas Pipeline & Distribution Management
Oil & Gas extraction, transportation and distribution networks operate a critical service in often harsh environments and must be managed to exceptionally high levels of consistency and safety. In order to achieve exceptional levels of operational efficiency, operators need a reliable, real-time view of the entire network.
Due to their rugged industrial housing, redundant communication channels and powerful remote management feature, Robustel routers are becoming a favored product of companies in the Oil & Gas Sector monitoring their networks.
Ideal for connecting remote field data from sensors and SCADA systems, Robustel devices enable oil & gas distributors to develop a smart system for managing their entire supply chain.
Managing the distribution of natural gas
Monitoring and controlling remote oil production
Maintaining environmental responsibility at the distribution point through remote monitoring
What are the benefits of partnering with Robustel to manage oil & gas supply-chain?
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Rugged Form Factor – Robustel routers are designed for solid performance in harsh environmental conditions and extreme temperatures. They even come with an option IP67 rated housing for outdoor deployment (Typhoon Case Link).
- High EMC Compliance – Compliant to a high EMC standard level means Robustel routers are safe to operate in high electromagnetic areas.
- Dual-SIM Routers – Robustel routers come equipped with Dual-SIM slots and allow seamless switching between multiple carriers in the event of a network outage or signal loss.
- ‘Failover mode’ – Routers can be configured to use a standard internet connection (ADSL/fibre) as primary internet connection & only use 4G data on primary connection loss.
- Remote device management – Often routers deployed in sensitive environments may be difficult to access due to location or security requirements. All Robustel routers come with a powerful suite of remote management tools allowing remote users to support devices without visiting the site.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying precision agriculture solution can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to locally poll a Modbus device from a 4G router and only send an alert across the cellular connection if a trigger condition is met, for example, an oil quality sensor shows that the oil in a system must be changed. Alerts can be sent in a variety of forms including SMS and email.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
R3000 Industrial Dual-SIM LTE Router
- Support for WWAN1, WWAN2, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection via our Link Manager
- The option Backup Mode to support cold, warm and load balancing
- Supports IPv6
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SNMP/RCMS
- Robust industrial design (9 to 60V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
M1200 Industrial LTE M1 Gateway
- Auto GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+/FDD LTE/TDD LTE/Cat.M1/Cat.NB1 connections (No AT command required)
- Dual-SIM backup (push-push or MFF type optional)
- Transparent TCP and UDP protocol connections
- ICMP, DDNS, SNTP and Telnet
- Modbus RTU to TCP
- Auto rebooting via SMS and Timer
- Configuration and firmware upgrading via USB and RCMS
- Sending SMS if DI is triggered
- Robust industrial design (9 to 36V DC, -40 to +75 °C extended operating temperature, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
- Support bridge (modem only) mode, via serial port or USB port
Do you want to speak to one of our IoT experts to find out how Robustel can help you build your solution?