Precision Agriculture and Smart Farming
Population growth, limited resources and increased global competition put pressure on growers to produce more with less to maintain profitability. Farmers must contend with increasing water shortages, limited land availability, and fluctuating costs. Robustel enables innovative precision agriculture solutions to help farmers overcome these challenges, allowing farmers to leverage sensors, smart gateways, and monitoring systems to collect and analyze information and make more informed decisions.
Precision agriculture, or ‘smart farming’, is a method of optimizing management of crops, orchards, vineyards, livestock etc., by using data obtained with various technologies. Farm processes and management have become increasingly automated, benefiting from the convergence of IT, communications and automation found in other industries.
In IoT-based precision agriculture, a system is built for monitoring crop fields with the help of sensors (light, humidity, temperature, soil moisture, etc.) and automating irrigation. Farmers can monitor the field condition from anywhere. IoT-based smart farming is highly efficient when compared to conventional approaches.
Robustel and our local partners can provide precision agriculture solutions, to enable the agriculture industry to accurately predict optimal planting and fertilization times, reduce waste and enhance productivity from optimizing fertilizer use to increasing the efficiency of farm vehicles’ routes.
What are the benefits of partnering with Robustel to deploy Precision Agriculture Solutions?
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Data Collection: Supports widely-used Modbus protocol collection of RS485, RS232 and Ethernet, can simultaneously connect and collect data from multiple sensors, while controlling the smart farm in humidity, greenhouse temperature, water supply level, watering frequency, etc.
- GPS: Its positioning function can be used for asset management and also its timing function can ensure the accurate data collection and system control.
- Automation: Thanks to the DI/DO function of Robustel’s router or through an additional PLC connection, you can access the local storage of large amounts of data, and also enable automatic watering according to the temperature and humidity level, or automatically replenish the livestock feeder, to save much labor and time.
- Security: Supporting private network APN, VPN and firewall settings, the solution can ensure the secure transmission of data
- Simple Installation: Plug-and-play for extensive LTE access can greatly reduce deployment costs and it also supports new LPWAN technologies, including NB-IoT, CaT-1, CaT-M1, LPWAN.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying precision agriculture solution can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to locally poll a Modbus device from a 4G router and only send an alert across the cellular connection if a trigger condition is met, for example, an oil quality sensor shows that the oil in a system must be changed. Alerts can be sent in a variety of forms including SMS and email.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
R2000 Dual-SIM VPN IoT Gateway
- Dual SIM redundancy for continuous 2G/3G/4G cellular network connections
- The feature Link Manager supporting Cellular WAN, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection
- WAN – Static/PPPoE/DHCP Client
- WAN port supporting PD feature – compatible with 802.3at. (optional)
- Supports IPv6
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SMS/RCMS Cloud
- Auto reboot via SMS/Timing
- Robust industrial design (9 to 36V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
R1520 Dual-SIM Cellular VPN Router
- Rugged design with 9 to 36Vdc power
- “Global” 4G version available
- E-mark certification for in vehicle use
- Optically isolated digital IO
- 10-bit Analogue interface for direct sensor connections
- Supports Dual SIMs & Wifi/Ethernet as WAN
- Cellular keep-alive and fast failover
- Extensive range of software “apps” for enhanced functionality
- RobustVPN – hosted service providing a “fixed IP” router
- IPsec/OpenVPN/GRE/L2TP/PPTP/DMVPN supported
- Extensive global certifications
R1511 Industrial Cellular VPN Router
- Highly stable 2G/3G/4G cellular connections
- Ethernet, Wifi and 4G internet connection options with auto-failover
- Free cloud management platform –RCMS
- Fully programmable Linux environment with excellent SDK Documentation
- ‘Smart Reboot’ for enhanced roaming SIM management
- RobustVPN provides fixed IP address on ANY SIM card
- Full SMS control for diagnosis and recovery from data network problems
- Very small footprint for space-constrained applications
- Wall-mount and DIN-rail mounting options available
Do you want to speak to one of our IoT experts to find out how Robustel can help you build your solution?