Smart Water Management
Water management is a very important aspect in smart city planning. Wastewater management, clean water dispersal and water transmission monitoring make up the fabric of an efficient city. However inefficient processes, outdated technology and increasing labor costs are limiting the development of the water industry and that’s why Smart Water Management is needed.
Smart water management is based around the integration of systems and the adoption of a wide range of hardware and software instrumentation to monitor, control and regulate the usage and quality of water resources and maintain associated equipment & infrastructure (pipes, pumps, etc.).
Robustel and our network of global partners can help you develop a Smart Water, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) application for real-time water treatment plant monitoring, SCADA communications, chemical usage, pump house and flow control and many other critical factors, so you can make quicker and more informed decisions that will improve efficiency, enhance operational control and reduce costs.
Robustel and our partners can provide either partial or complete end to end solutions for the wireless monitoring of various applications in the water industry such as Water Conservation, Waste Water Management, Water Quality Testing and Analysis.
What are the benefits of partnering with Robustel to deploy Smart Water Mangement Solutions?
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Outbound Internet – Robustel’s 3G/4G routers can be configured to provide outbound internet access as well as inbound connections to specific controllers / devices.
- Dual-SIM Routers – Robustel routers come equipped with Dual-SIM slots and allow seamless switching between multiple carriers in the event of a network outage or signal loss.
- ‘RobustVPN’ – A unique networking solution from Robustel. Allows deployers to make a remote connection to any connected device system directly using any SIM anywhere on the planet without the need for a static IP address.
- Remote device management – Often routers deployed in sensitive environments may be difficult to access due to location or security requirements. All Robustel routers come with a powerful suite of remote management tools allowing remote users to support devices without visiting the site.
- Built in Firewall – Robustel routers come equipped with a natively available firewall that can be used to prevent your media players accessing sites on the internet that are unwanted or could generate high 3G/4G data usage bills.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying precision agriculture solution can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to locally poll a Modbus device from a 4G router and only send an alert across the cellular connection if a trigger condition is met, for example, an oil quality sensor shows that the oil in a system must be changed. Alerts can be sent in a variety of forms including SMS and email.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
M1200 Industrial LTE M1 Gateway
- Auto GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+/FDD LTE/TDD LTE/Cat.M1/Cat.NB1 connections (No AT command required)
- Dual-SIM backup (push-push or MFF type optional)
- Transparent TCP and UDP protocol connections
- ICMP, DDNS, SNTP and Telnet
- Modbus RTU to TCP
- Auto rebooting via SMS and Timer
- Configuration and firmware upgrading via USB and RCMS
- Sending SMS if DI is triggered
- Robust industrial design (9 to 36V DC, -40 to +75 °C extended operating temperature, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
- Support bridge (modem only) mode, via serial port or USB port
Do you want to speak to one of our IoT experts to find out how Robustel can help you build your solution?