Vending Machines and Remote Kiosks
Robustel’s 3G/4G routers are commonly used to provide internet access to vending machines, kiosks and similar types of terminals. The RS232 port on Robustel routers and modems can be used to directly interface with the MDB (Multi Drop Bus) commonly found in vending machines and the Ethernet port(s) can connect to high speed devices such as media players and PCs located within the housing.
One of the major benefits of Robustel’s cellular routers is the ability to easily and quickly embed a customer-specific application onboard with the potential of saving the cost of additional electronics to handle things like protocol translation or data buffering in the event of a network outage.
The R1520 Industrial Dual SIM Cellular VPN Router from Robustel is particularly suited for high volume / low-cost vending applications where only a simple RS232, RS485 or Modbus interface is required. R1520 also supports the ability to embed applications onboard as well as having digital inputs and digital outputs that can be used to connect to basic sensors / actuators.
What are the benefits of partnering with Robustel to deploy Vending Machines and Kiosk Solutions?
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Cost Effective: R1520 is a very cost-effective 3G/4G router solution that can fit the tight commercial requirements of the vending / kiosk market.
- Interface Support: Robustel routers have multiple serial and Ethernet interfaces for connection to subsystems within a vending machine or kiosk.
- Packet Sniffer: Is your vending / kiosk PC transmitting needlessly to the internet incurring 4G data costs? Using the built-in “Sniffer” & Wireshark we can diagnose application layer issues.
- Custom Housing: Custom PCB-level or boxed product solutions available – rapid prototype with off the shelf products then let Robustel value-engineer the solution for you.
- Global Certifications: Global certifications for Robustel 3G/4G routers in North America, Europe, Asia-Pac and more – please enquire for full details.
- RobustVPN:Our unique networking solution allows you to remotely connect to an Ethernet or serial device using any SIM, anywhere in the world, without the need for a static IP address.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying precision agriculture solution can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
An example of such an application would be to locally poll a Modbus device from a 4G router and only send an alert across the cellular connection if a trigger condition is met, for example, an oil quality sensor shows that the oil in a system must be changed. Alerts can be sent in a variety of forms including SMS and email.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.
R1520 Dual-SIM Cellular VPN Router
- Rugged design with 9 to 36Vdc power
- “Global” 4G version available
- E-mark certification for in vehicle use
- Optically isolated digital IO
- 10-bit Analogue interface for direct sensor connections
- Supports Dual SIMs & Wifi/Ethernet as WAN
- Cellular keep-alive and fast failover
- Extensive range of software “apps” for enhanced functionality
- RobustVPN – hosted service providing a “fixed IP” router
- IPsec/OpenVPN/GRE/L2TP/PPTP/DMVPN supported
- Extensive global certifications
R2000 Dual-SIM VPN IoT Gateway
- Dual SIM redundancy for continuous 2G/3G/4G cellular network connections
- The feature Link Manager supporting Cellular WAN, Ethernet WAN, WLAN WAN link backup and ICMP detection
- WAN – Static/PPPoE/DHCP Client
- WAN port supporting PD feature – compatible with 802.3at. (optional)
- Supports IPv6
- RobustOS + SDK + App
- Management and maintenance via Web/CLI/SMS/RCMS Cloud
- Auto reboot via SMS/Timing
- Robust industrial design (9 to 36V DC, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
M1200 Industrial LTE M1 Gateway
- Auto GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+/FDD LTE/TDD LTE/Cat.M1/Cat.NB1 connections (No AT command required)
- Dual-SIM backup (push-push or MFF type optional)
- Transparent TCP and UDP protocol connections
- ICMP, DDNS, SNTP and Telnet
- Modbus RTU to TCP
- Auto rebooting via SMS and Timer
- Configuration and firmware upgrading via USB and RCMS
- Sending SMS if DI is triggered
- Robust industrial design (9 to 36V DC, -40 to +75 °C extended operating temperature, desktop or wall mounting or DIN rail mounting)
- Support bridge (modem only) mode, via serial port or USB port
Do you want to speak to one of our IoT experts to find out how Robustel can help you build your solution?